Friday, May 14, 2010

My 14 yr old daughter is out of control on the internet. how can i delete all four of her id's and contacts?

i dont wish to put a parental control on, i want to entirely remove her accounts and everything in them, especially the people she is talking with!My 14 yr old daughter is out of control on the internet. how can i delete all four of her id's and contacts?
She's a minor and your responsibility. As such, you are able and justified to delete anything that may be perceived as harmful to your child.





I made my daughter write down all of her IDs and passwords and shut down everything. We have even installed a keystroke tracker just in case she gets back on the computer. We've tried talking to her to see why she's doing the things she does and she just tells us that she doesn't know. Fine. Now she's pretty much on complete lock down.





Some kids just have a real problem adjusting to puberty.





Good luck!My 14 yr old daughter is out of control on the internet. how can i delete all four of her id's and contacts?
the best thing you could do really is to password protect the internet so that she could only access the internet only when you allow her to at limited times.





Like mentioned by the post before, there is nothing you can do to control this situation without some form of parental control on. It will be easy for her to create a new account and add the same contacts back again.





Just search for ';password protect internet'; and you might find something useful.





good luck
Deleting accounts won't stop her you need to talk to her about internet safety .There are software programs that can be purchased to help some are very good not all however .It is also recommended that her computer not be in her bedroom but in a place where you can occassionally watch what she is doing.
I'm 13 %26amp; my dad control me when I access the internet. I mean he would hack my laptop %26amp; watch me what I'm doing!! (I hate that!!) Even if he is at his office, he still hack me when he got the time!! It happens RARELY. You can do that but the best thing is you put Dans Guardian on her laptop/computer (It's an award winning filter)!! My dad did that too!! You can filter %26amp; unfilter websites. You can do anything with it! It's like you control the internet!! My dad said when I want him to unfilter websites, I have to list the websites on a piece of paper %26amp; he would check the website before he unfilter it! We (my siblings) always open our myspaces webpage but when our exam is around the corner, my dad will filter the website %26amp; we can't access Myspace anymore. So, we have to study. When the exam ends, my dad will unfilter it back!!





Take my advise, PLEASE don't delete her account!! She will be mad %26amp; hate you!! I know cuz I'm a 13 year old girl who has a dad who wanted to do that but I begged him!





For more infomation about the Dans Guardian thingee, http://www.dansguardian.org





GOOD LUCK!!
You want to be her authority figure, then be a parent and block the sites from her! That is what they are there for. It is illegal for you to go snooping with other peoples internet accounts without their consent. Block it and lay down the law about the internet usage. If she doesn't like it, TOUGH.
You can't really unless you know her passwords. Under the Privacy of Information acts, it's illegal for you to do that. Anyways, she will just re-create new accounts if you delete them. Instead of trying to delete her accounts, try actually talking to her. Direct influence is the best coercion.
Unplug her internet access and sit and spend time with her while she is on the internet for other reasons
obviously you need her password..which you are unable to get unless she tells you.





then you can delete her e-mail account from help.yahoo.com


if e-mail account is deleted...all will be gone





but she will be opening again...and that time when she finds out you deleted it...you may be in trouble...don't know what kind of trouble





you can also tell her the consequences of hooking up in internet all the time...she may be considerable about it..


i think this is the best way....you go and tell her to understand

No comments:

Post a Comment