Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How does my room mate control my Internet connection?

my control freak room mate has set my computer where I cannot access the internet at certain times of the day, we are on a home network and she can do it from her computer in her room though the cable modem is in my room;





What is she accessing and changing to do this?





How can I access and change whatever settings to where I can go online at anytime I want?





How can I fix it to where she cannot do it again (besides move out)?How does my room mate control my Internet connection?
Since the router is physically in her room, she pretty much has control over it. Even resetting the password and all the other nasty suggestions on this page (and what she's doing to you is also nasty), pale before the power of the Reset button, and that's on the router.





Frankly, if you can't reach an amicable agreement with her, I suggest you consider moving.





Sorry.How does my room mate control my Internet connection?
None of the answers worked, I still need a solution.

Report Abuse



Well first of if it is wireless. Then you can enter a password on the internet so she cant get in only you have the access. After that go to settings or properties and then you should be able to control when you want to go on or when you dont want to. I strongly suggest add a password to the network.
i dont wanna be evil.. but you can reset the router to the original settings and use the default admin username and password.
There are settings withing the router that you can set that disable the internet during certain times.....you can first of all change the default password to the router.
She has the settings set on the router. There isn't really anyway you can change it without the password to the router.
If this is her connection she is probably configuring it on the router. you can not do anything about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment