Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is there a way for my roomate to control my internet speed so they get more? on broadband &/or cable modem....

i think i get jipped.....how can i check?Is there a way for my roomate to control my internet speed so they get more? on broadband %26amp;/or cable modem....
there are ways to set ';quotas'; on bandwidth, but unless your roommate is a networking major, I doubt they've done anything like that. How is your network set up? are you both sharing a broadband connection through a router? If you're sure your computer is not to blame for your slow connection, maybe your roommate is downloading files on a peer2peer network and taxing all of your bandwidth.Is there a way for my roomate to control my internet speed so they get more? on broadband %26amp;/or cable modem....
you really need to know what your doing to set quotas on bandwitdth, my best guess would be the same as previous post. check your mate is not downloading loads of stuuf, using bitcomit or other peer 2 peer software

No comments:

Post a Comment