Friday, January 22, 2010

My Yahoo Internet Explorer keeps replacing my home page settings with ninemsn.com.au. How can I get control?

I tried uninstalling IE, downloading and installing a straight version from Microsoft but all of the settings remained the same.


There are files remaining in the Program files IE folder, but when I delete them they keep coming back.





I had a problem like this with a recent worm attack (Autorun). I am wondering in this is a worm attack too.My Yahoo Internet Explorer keeps replacing my home page settings with ninemsn.com.au. How can I get control?
It sounds like it may be spyware, but it may also be a worm or virus. To remove spyware, download Adaware Se personal and Spybot: Search and Destroy from here:http://www.download.com/3000-8022_4-1069鈥?/a> and here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/downl鈥?/a>


Run these programs and remove all spyware from your computer. This should solve your problem.My Yahoo Internet Explorer keeps replacing my home page settings with ninemsn.com.au. How can I get control?
It sounds like you may have a Spyware or Ad-ware problem. Try downloading and running Spybot- Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware. These are two good and free programs that you can get at 'CNET's download.com'. I use both programs and they seem to find a lot of crap that you never realize has gotten onto your system. Good luck.
hmm... sounds like spyware to me, but then again i don't know a great deal about computers. just try scanning for any spyware, and remove it. maybe it'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment