Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do you think mobile phone and Internet technology has given you more control/freedom?

Don't get me wrong i love the net and the convenience of a mobile phone, but back in the day 1989 i had a mobile [the brick] it was great i could call anyone from anywhere[more control]but now everyone has mobile and internet accsess,everyone can call me [less freedom]web cams everywhere in london ,my scence of freedom and control feels like its evaporating.Do you think mobile phone and Internet technology has given you more control/freedom?
I have come late to technology and refused to have a mobile until about 2005. It does mean you are at the beck and call of people and we are losing the ability to write a proper letter or phone someone on our land line. this statement doesn't apply to me I hasten to add.





I manage a charity and if you had told me, even 5 years ago, that I would do most of my communicating via email; I would have said you were mad but, of course, that is exactly what has happened. However, I do still get our Administrator to type letters, especially to our clients. They are older people and technology has largely passed them by and that is a shame.





Great question by the way. I am going to give it a star!!Do you think mobile phone and Internet technology has given you more control/freedom?
i always think it makes life easier but thinking about it, its probably more complicated now and impossible to just 'get away'...i was only a young teen when mobiles became popular and cant even remember what life was like without mobile phones being such a major part of our lives.which is kinda weird:/
Ya!!
I usually have my mobile turned off unless I want to take calls. We managed before mobiles and people who have them constantly stuck to their ear annoy me. Cameras in town get on my nerves too. The only cameras that seem to get a decent pic are the ones on the roads where a fine is involved. What worries me most is the smoking ban and the proposed tax on fatty food. I have recently stopped smoking but I am not convinced when we are told of the dangers of passive smoking. Not enough evidence in my opinion. Also if people want to stuff their faces why should I care? Don't we g live too long already?
true when u have it and others have it to the sense of pride is lost but hey act a lil aloof when u want ur space and make ur folks and kins understand u need space to for ur self that will help more i think !
good question i didnt want a mobile and didnt buy one for years , only got one about 5 years ago and i wish i hadnt now
yeah i remember when the beeper was the in thing, every one wanted one cause it was so much smaller than the cell phone and people got so worked up when someone beeped them, little did they know that they had to phone them...ha ha ha the good old day....i think things are getting out of hand now a days, the youth spend more time on the computer and cell than on the sports fields or playing out side.
Switch your phone of





And use a second PC on someone else's wifi





I like to where a big hat and some sunglasses when i go out to avoid being filmed .





PS hop don't walk because they can tell who you are from your walk alone and ride a bike don,t drive if you can

No comments:

Post a Comment